Kul att Du tittar in hos mig!

Lämna gärna ett spår efter Dig :)

Tack för besöket och Välkommen åter!

tisdag, februari 16, 2016

Lovely Pit Bull Flower Power by Sophie Gamand



More Pit Bull Flower Power by Sophie Gamand.


Through her lens, the stereotypes about pitbulls fall 
away and we see the dogs for what they are - 
Wanting nothing more or less than your Love.



                                               Gamand started the project about a year ago 
                                              while she was volunteering as a photographer at 
                                                an animal shelter and often dealt with pit bulls.
















Sophie Gamand says: " This project was a way to get to 
know them better. The first time I tried a flowercrown 
around a pitbull's head, at a local shelter, I thought for 
sure I would get bit or something terrible would happen. 
But she just sat there, looking at me with deep 
soulful eyes. There was so much depth and wisdom 
in her face "

" I knew the series had found a meaning that went 
beyond what I had anticipated "



Her goal is to challenge the way we look at pit bulls. 
As she says: " I am curious to see the power of art, 
how it can influence the way we deal with the world 
around us. If those pictures were the only image we
 had of pit bulls, would we still be afraid" ? 


               


Natti Natti o Sov Gott när det blir dags!  Godnattkram :)

1 kommentar:

  1. Wonderful post! I used to be rather scary of pittbulls, but since my daughter is voluntering on her days off from real work in a shelter where, such a shame, are many pittbulls, I had to change my mind. They seem to be very cuddly and affectionate, anyway my daughter loves them by now.

    SvaraRadera